Get Your Gums Back in Shape With Gum Disease Treatment in Harlingen
Did you know it is estimated that nearly 1 in 2 people ages 30-64 have some form of gum disease? That’s a lot of smiles in jeopardy! That’s also why routine dental cleanings and exams are so important; the sooner we catch gum disease, the easier the treatment and the better the outcome. If you do have signs of gum problems, our Harlingen gum disease treatment can:
- Eliminate pain caused by eating and drinking
- Put an end to bleeding gums when you brush or floss
- Return your gums to a healthy pink instead of red
- Restore your confidence so you can smile broadly
If your gums are bleeding, red, or swollen, call Drake Family Dentistry today at 956-450-7375 for an appointment with Dr. Jed Burton. You’ll find us conveniently located on East Tyler Avenue, not far from its intersection with East Harrison Avenue.
Our Gum Disease Therapy Will Have You Smiling Proudly Again
In the early stages of gum disease, often you won’t have any symptoms at all. As gum disease progresses, you may develop painful, red, and puffy gums that bleed when you brush your teeth. Left untreated, gum disease can even cause tooth and bone loss.
We’ll always check for gum disease during your routine exams so we can prevent those types of big problems. When gum disease is found, we usually treat it with scaling and root planing. Here’s what we’ll do:
- First, we’ll use a special instrument called a scaler to remove plaque and tartar from around and below the gumline. Don’t worry about any pain – we’ll completely numb the area we’re working on. Plus, sedation is available if you need extra help getting comfortable.
- Next, we’ll smooth (or plane) your teeth roots to make it harder for bacteria to grow there.
- Depending on your circumstances, we may also prescribe an antibiotic to fight the infection in your gums.
Count on Us For Comfortable Gum Repair
If your gums have receded from gum disease or injury, Dr. Burton can repair them using an innovative method called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. This method doesn’t require any cutting or stitches. He’ll simply make a tiny hole in your gums and manipulate the gum tissue to cover more of your teeth. Your healing time will be minimal, and you won’t need any stitches.
For comfortable gum disease treatment in Harlingen, call Drake Family Dentistry today at 956-450-7375 or make an appointment . We look forward to helping you smile confidently again!