The team at Drake Family Dentistry understands that a dental visit may not be at the top of your to-do list simply because of fear. That’s why we take relieving dental anxiety in Harlingen seriously. We go out of our way to ensure that each patient who trusts their smile to us has a positive dental experience here. Our gentle and compassionate treatment will help you:
- Catch and treat small oral problems before they worsen
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
- Avoid more extensive dental work down the road
- Feel good that you’re doing something good for yourself
Call us today to schedule a stress-free appointment: 956-450-7375.
Our Comforting Environment & Sedation Options Will Help You Relax
Sometimes it’s the small things that make a big difference in relieving stress at the dentist. Our team takes this into consideration for every patient who works up the courage to visit us. For example, we make sure our appointments run on time so you don’t have to wait – and build up anxiety in the process.
Fear of the unknown can also be a big trigger for dental fear. We’re incredibly patient when it comes to explaining anything you’d like to know about your visit. We won’t make you feel like you’re wasting our time. Don’t be afraid to speak up if you have questions. That includes letting us know if something makes you feel discomfort – we’ll do our best to adjust to keep your care as gentle as possible.
If you just need someone to hold your hand during a procedure, our staff will be there for you. You can even ask for a longer appointment if you need more time to take breaks so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
As comforting and gentle as our staff members are, many of our patients need a little extra help relaxing. Some people simply cannot lie back comfortably during their dental visit without some form of sedation. For this reason, we offer you two levels of soothing sedation:
- Inhaled Sedation – This method of sedation works well if you have mild dental anxiety. Your nervousness will diminish shortly after breathing in laughing gas.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For a stronger level of sedation, you take a small pill before your appointment. By the time your procedure or exam begins, you’ll feel completely relaxed from head to toe.