When most people think of athletic injuries, they think of a sprained knee or a pulled muscle. Your smile is also vulnerable to injury, especially if you play a sport with a ball or one where a fall or collision is possible – and let’s face it, that is most sports. Let our team help you keep your smile safe with mouthguards in Harlingen.
An athletic mouthguard from Drake Family Dentistry will:
- Fit your mouth as if it’s made for you – because it is, using impressions of your teeth
- Not require a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process to prepare it for use, like a store-bought mouthguard does
- Protect your teeth from hard hits, falls, stray balls, and other hazards
- Help you avoid costly dental repairs and permanent damage
- Feel comfortable in your mouth so you won’t mind wearing it
If you or a family member needs to be fit for a custom mouthguard, call us today at 956-450-7375.
Reduce Your Risk For Cracks & Wear From Teeth Grinding
Another common cause of dental damage is bruxism, or teeth grinding. It can chip, crack, or even break your tooth enamel, creating an opportunity for bacteria to get inside your tooth and become infected. It can also result in a painful jaw and other TMJ problems. If you grind your teeth in your sleep, as many people do, you may be unaware of the damage you are doing.
Dr. Burton will look for signs of grinding during every dental exam. If he finds any, he will recommend a custom-made mouthguard. Similar in look and feel to a sports mouthguard, it will:
- Help you enjoy more restful sleep
- Prevent facial tension, an aching jaw, and headaches
- Keep your enamel strong and intact so it’s less susceptible to damage
- Make it easy to breathe, thanks to its comfortable custom fit
Since our custom mouthguards are made of durable materials, they can last for years with proper care. It’s a good idea to bring them with you to your exams so Dr. Burton can ensure they are still in good shape.
For mouthguards in Harlingen, call us today at 956-450-7375. You can also make an appointment .